Ladoo-The Most Popular Dessert In Indian
Boondi Ladoo / Bundi Laddu
Boondi ladoo is the most popular dessert in India. You can find this desserts at all special occasion.Boondi is a deep fried sweet snack made from chickpea flour that has been soaked in sugar syrup.Boondi ladoo is pressed and made into balls from boondi. We can use dry nuts when making ladoo. To make ladoo you must need perforated ladle/boondi ladle.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 and 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups chickpeas flour(Besan)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon saffron imitation
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Oil to fry
- 2 tablespoon ghee(optional)
Also needs perforated ladle/boondi ladle.
- Put the water and sugar in saucepan on medium high heat and bring a boil. When sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat. Syrup needs to be lukewarm.
- Mix the flour with water and saffron to make smooth thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Oil needs to more than 1’’ deep. Otherwise boondi will not be round. Oil needs to medium high. (To test the oil temperature) drop little bit of batter, if it rises immediately without changing colour that means oil is ready.
- Hold the ladle on the top of hot water and pour ladleful batter.
- The batter will drop through the holes into the oil. Don’t over crowd the pan.If the batter is too thick it will not drop, that means batter is too thick. Need to add little bit water to make right consistency.
- Fry them till light golden but we don’t want them crispy. Take out the boondi from oil with slotted spoon and put them directly into lukewarm syrup. Soak in syrup 2-3 minutes and take out boondi from syrup.
- Repeat the process for rest of batter.
- Mix the cardamom powder, ghee and sprinkle of water in the ready boondi.
- Take small amount of boondi and squeeze gentle between your palms to shape of ball. Size is your preference.
- Finish the rest of boondi repeating the process. Presence of high sugar ladoo can store for 7-10 days in airtight container and longer in the refrigerator.
- Boondi needs to be hot to make ladoo.